In an effort to bring you the latest and most important information about the coronavirus, the editorial staff at Front Page Live is providing the following vetted links. Please check back regularly for updates to this page.
- US CDC (Centers for Disease Control) has statement and regularly updated information at a dedicated portal https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Johns Hopkins University dashboard to track number and location of coronavirus https://systems.jhu.edu/research/public-health/ncov/
- UK PHE (Public Health England): this is CDC counterpart for UK: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-and-avian-flu-advice-for-travel-to-china
- Canada: Public Health Service: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- ECDC (European Union — European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control): https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china
- WHO (World Health Organization): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Kevin MD.com founded in 2004 by Kevin Pho, MD, KevinMD is the web’s leading platform where physicians, advanced practitioners, nurses, medical students, and patients share their insight and tell their stories. https://www.kevinmd.com/blog/
- While at Home — A clearinghouse for credible information and the latest guidelines: https://whileathome.org/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China.
PHE is aware of a reported outbreak of a novel coronavirus in Wuhan City, China, and has offered advice to travellers to the area regarding this as well as the ongoing avian flu risk.
An outbreak of pneumonia (called 2019 Novel Coronavirus, 2019-nCoV, or COVID-19) broke out in Wuhan China in late 2019. The situation is being closely monitored by the Public Health Agency of Canada. Status of public health risk to Canadians is updated on this web page.
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
All the latest information on the cases of COVID-19.
On 31 December 2019, WHO was informed of a cluster of cases of pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province of China. WHO is closely monitoring this event and is in active communication with counterparts in China. In line with standard protocols for any public health event, an incident management system has been activated across the three levels of WHO.
New England Journal of Medicine
Aerosol and Surface Stability of SARS-CoV-2 as Compared with SARS-CoV-1
A novel human coronavirus that is now named severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (formerly called HCoV-19) emerged in Wuhan, China, in late 2019 and is now causing a pandemic. We analyzed the aerosol and surface stability of SARS-CoV-2 and compared it with SARS-CoV-1, the most closely related human coronavirus.
Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security
Our experts are closely following and analyzing updates on this COVID-19 outbreak.
Coronaviruses are a family of RNA viruses that typically cause mild respiratory disease in humans. A novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was identified in Wuhan, China in December 2019.